Forgotten Password, iPhone disabled- help!
Unfortunately, without waiting the stated time displayed on screen, the only way to unlock is to wipe your device by means of a restore. You will need a USB Lead suitable for your device and a computer running the latest version of iTunes.
If you have your device backed up to the iCloud, you should be able to re-download your data once the restore has been carried out. You can check the date of your last iCloud back up by checking out our article here.
Alternatively, if you back up your device to iTunes check our article here to locate your latest backup.
Find my iPhone
Find my iPhone is an app that allows you to locate your device if it has been lost or stolen. If you have ‘find my iPhone’ switched on, it will not let you restore your device without your AppleID and password. So it is important to perform the following checks before performing a restore.
• You can check if you have ‘find my iPhone’ switched on by entering your IMIE here: https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/
• If ‘find my iPhone’ is switched on double check that you know your AppleID and password by logging into your account at iCloud.com
To Restore your iPhone
- Hold power and home button for 10-20 seconds
- When the screen goes blank the device is restarting. Release the power button and as the apple logo appears, continue to hold the home button. You should then be presented with an iTunes logo like this.
- Connect your device to itunes.
- Select the restore button on screen and wait.
- Once the restore is complete you can set the device up like new and you are back in business. If you would like to restore from an icloud or itunes backup please see our articles about that here and here.